To achieve transfer from sports training to sports performance coaches need to stick to logical training, progress that training in a way that is relevant to the athlete, balance creativity with practicality, and educate their athletes to improve buy-in and take advantage of the placebo effect for training. Learn more in this article!
While normal sprint training can be highly effective, most athletes will eventually reach the point where normal acceleration and speed training is no longer making them faster. Learn how you can benefit from adding resisted sprint training to your training program!
In the world of speed and power training, aerobic training is often scoffed at due to the simple fact that most approaches for developing aerobic qualities are not well suited for the athletes who compete in speed and power sports. Learn about ways to develop aerobic fitness without long runs in this article.
Speed endurance is the quality of being able to maintain sprinting velocities at or near your maximal velocity. Learn how to improve speed endurance in this article!
What if there was a way to improve aerobic and anaerobic conditioning, burn fat while maintaining muscle mass, and that you could do all of this wi...
- To sprint fast, athletes must exhibit optimal technique. You can run faster if you learn to use your legs like hammers. Learn how, in this post by Cody Bidlow of ATHLETE.X!
- Key to speed? Elite sprinters are unlike other athletes., By Margaret Allen
- Are running speeds maximized with simple-spring stance mechanics?, By Kenneth P. Clark, and Peter G. Weyand
- Foot speed, foot-strike and footwear: linking gait mechanics and running ground reaction forces., By Kenneth P. Clark, Laurence J. Ryan, Peter G. Weyand
- Sprint Acceleration Mechanics: The Major Role of Hamstrings in Horizontal Force Production., By JB Morin et. al.
- Alteration of swing leg work and power during human accelerated sprinting., By Nagahara et. al.
- Previous page
- Page 2 of 2