Best Treadmills For Sprinting in 2023
Sprinting on a treadmill can be a great workout, but it is important that you choose the right treadmill. Here we discuss the best treadmills for sprinting in 2023.
What This Article Will Cover:
- Motorized Vs. Non-Motorized Treadmills For Sprinting
- The 4 Best Treadmills For Sprinting
The 4 Best Treadmills For Sprinting:
Treadmills For Sprinting
Having both sold treadmills as a job and being a sprint athlete, I have a good understanding of both the demands of sprinting and the capabilities of various treadmills.
When it comes to sprinting on a treadmill, you want to make sure that the treadmill you buy is high quality, durable, safe to use, and appropriate for your level of use. When we sprint, we apply force at magnitudes multiple times our body weight. This means that because we are applying such high forces to the ground, treadmills for sprinting need to be sturdy enough to handle this impact.
Motorized Versus Non-Motorized Treadmills For Sprinting
Depending on your goals, the treadmill you choose for sprinting can be either a motorized treadmill or a non-motorized treadmill. Most treadmills have a motor that powers the belt, whereas a non-motorized treadmill like the AssaultRunner Pro has no motor, no power usage, and requires that you propel the treadmill with your own running stride.
There are benefits to both types of treadmills, as well as some drawbacks.
Benefits Of Motorized Treadmills For Sprinting
- Motorized treadmills allow you to select a certain running speed, allowing you to learn how to sprint at a certain pace and ensure you are maintaining the speeds you want in your workout.
- Motorized treadmills usually have the option to add an incline, which allows you to simulate both flat ground running and hill sprints.
- Motorized treadmills typically have flat decks, making them more similar to running on flat ground.
Benefits Of Non-Motorized (Self-Powered) Treadmills For Sprinting
- Non-motorized treadmills do not have a maximum speed, meaning that you can sprint faster on self-powered treadmills than you could on most motorized treadmills.
- Non-motorized treadmills for sprinting will typically require less maintenance and have fewer parts that can break, making them cheaper to own over the long term.
- Non-motorized treadmills typically have a curved deck, which allows you to focus on stepping down and bouncing off of the ground, which is something we want to focus on when sprinting.
- Some non-motorized treadmills allow you to sprint with or without resistance, making them useful for both sprinting fast and getting stronger in your sprints.
Best Treadmills For Sprinting
With all this in mind, here are our choices for the best treadmills for sprinting. If you want to sprint on a treadmill or get some quality high-intensity interval training done, these treadmills will do the job.
#1 - AssaultFitness Pro
The AssaultFitness Pro is a non-motorized, non-resisted curve treadmill that I have personally used myself.
Whether I am warming up for the gym or doing a tempo workout inside when the weather is not good, the AssaultFitness Pro is a treadmill for sprinting that I use on a regular basis.
AssaultFitness Pro Sprinting Treadmill Features
- Dominate Your Workout: Workouts on the AssaultFitness Pro burns more calories than traditional treadmills.
- Train Without Pain: Low-Impact, curved deck design reduces the risk of injury and promotes good running technique.
- Workout Variety: Built-in programs and measurements that include sprinting for time, calories burnt, distance sprinting, speed sprinted, watts (power output), sprinting pace, and heart rate.
- Wireless Ready: Bluetooth and ANT+ Connectivity
- Eco-Friendly: It consumes zero power, making it eco-friendly and cost-free as it relates to electricity usage.
- For Any Runner: AssaultRunner Pro is optimal for all types of training, including jogging, running, sprinting, sprint drills, and more.
- Built To Last: Very sturdy with a high maximum user weight of 350 pounds.
- Backed By Warranty: 5-year frame, 3-year moving parts warranty.
With the AssaultFitness Pro, you can rest assured that you'll be able to sprint fast, get a great workout, and do so while minimizing the risk of injury, reducing your power consumption, and without worrying about having a bunch of electric parts to break.
AssaultFitness Pro Sprinting Treadmill Specifications
- Frame: Solid steel frame & handrails for maximum durability.
- Durability: Corrosion-resistant hardware to last for the long term.
- Max User Weight: 350lb
- Belt System: DriveTrain System including 100 Precision Ball Bearings with 12 Roller Guides for a smooth operation and sprinting experience.
- Belt Warranty: 150,000 Miles
- Color: Black w/ Black Accents
- Weight: 289.2 lbs / 131.2 kg
- Length: 69.9 in / 177.5 cm
- Width: 31.7 in / 80.4 cm
- Height: 64.4 in / 163.5 cm
- Customer Rating: 4.4/5 based on 27 customer reviews.
- Price: $2999
AssaultFitness Pro Reviews
Here are some snippets of reviews from verified purchasers of the AssaultFitness Pro treadmill for sprinting:
- "The treadmill is smooth, sturdy, and looks great. I cannot compare it to others because this is the only motorless I have used. So far, I am very happy with it."
- "The Assault Runner is comparable (to the much more expensive Woodway Curve treadmill) and at a much more affordable price!!! The belt is very quiet and smooth. The screen is easy, very legible, and easy to use - it keeps track of my run stats without any problems!"
Where To Buy The AssaultFitness Pro Treadmill For Sprinting
You can purchase the AssaultFitness Pro treadmill from Amazon.
#2 - SB Fitness CT700 Treadmill
The SB Fitness CT700 is a non-motorized curved treadmill with eight levels of resistance.
With this treadmill, you can perform sprints, resistance sprints, resisted lunges, or simply go on a long run.
The CT700 is very versatile, giving you a variety of options for training. With this one piece of equipment, you can train for power, speed, or endurance, all from the comfort of your home.
In using treadmills like the CT700, I have been able to add more variety to my training and get more sprint training done when I am at the gym.
I like to warm up on resisted curved treadmills with no resistance, then increase the load to mimic sled pulls.
The resistance on the CT700 is great for building strong glutes, hamstrings, quads, and calves, which are all muscles that can help you sprint faster.
SB Fitness CT700 Sprinting Treadmill Features
- Resistance: 8 levels of magnetic resistance give you the option to train with sprinting, resistance sprints like a sled push, to simulate sprinting up a hill, or for non-resisted longer runs. You can do it all with the CT700.
- Technology: Digital display shows useful data such as distance, speed, time, calories, and total miles of use.
- Space To Sprint: Large running track surface of 19" W x 66.6" L gives you space to run comfortably, no matter your gait.
- Easy To Move: Built-in transport wheels allow for moving this treadmill around your house as needed.
- Stable Adjustment: Adjustable leveling feet for perfect stability no matter how flat your floor is.
- Use It Anywhere: No electricity is required, which means you can sprint on this treadmill wherever you put it.
- Made For Anyone: Very high maximum user weight of 475lb means virtually anybody can use it.
With the SB Fitness CT700, you'll have a treadmill for sprinting that lets you get all of your workouts done on the same piece of equipment. It is also cheaper than other options on the market, but hundreds of dollars, meaning it brings great value and utility.
SB Fitness CT700 Sprinting Treadmill Specifications
- Bearings: High-speed stainless steel bearings offer smooth, quiet, and long-term operation.
- Frame: Steel frame and handrails ensure solid stability.
- Running Surface: The curvature of the track allows the operator to begin and end the workout by using gravity to speed up, slow, and stop the track.
- Resistance: High-tension magnetic resistance settings assist in slowing movement and stopping
- Cushioning: Raised anti-skid rubber track provides maximum grip and shock absorption to help ease joint stress on impact.
- Belt Lifetime: 150,000 Miles
- Color: Black w/ Black Accents
- Weight: 289.2 lbs / 131.2 kg
- Length: 76 in.
- Width: 34 in.
- Height: 62 in.
- Customer Rating: 4.2/5 based on 23 customer reviews.
- Price: $2745
SB Fitness CT700 Treadmill Reviews
Here are some snippets of reviews from verified purchasers of the SB Fitness CT700 treadmill for sprinting:
- "After having two motorized treadmills breaking down on me like the treadmill belt kept slipping and another with a knocking sound that wouldn't quit. I decided on a curved treadmill. This one just flows, and it's motorless. You are the one who controls the speed. I like how this has a little steeper curve, which is great on my knees and very low impact."
- "The tread works as advertised. I find myself more engaged in runs since the treadmill mimics true running rather than the feeling you get from a traditional motorized tread. The resistance, while not a complete replacement for sprint sled pushing, does give me the opportunity to work for some quad and glute development."
Where To Buy The SB Fitness CT700 Treadmill For Sprinting
You can purchase the SB Fitness CT700 treadmill from Amazon.
#3 - AssaultFitness Elite Treadmill
The AssaultRunner Elite is a non-motorized treadmill that takes your training to the next level.
The AssaultRunner Elite is the top-of-the-line treadmill for sprinting built by AssaultFitness. It features a large running surface, a solid warranty, an unlimited top speed, and a lifetime warranty on the belt.
Assault Fitness Elite Sprinting Treadmill Features
- Power Your Workout: The AssaultRunner Elite is 100% athlete-powered, so you get an immersive and challenging workout experience.
- Hydrate In Style: Stay hydrated during your workout with (2) water bottle holders built right into the frame.
- Convenient Storage: The Elite features an ergonomically designed front storage space for easy access to your phone, keys, and other essentials.
- Perfect Foot Placement: Larger side shrouds allow for more comfortable foot placement during sprints and runs.
- Easy Transport: The built-in handle and (2) transport wheels make it easy to move the Elite wherever you need it.
- Enhanced Readability: The hi-contrast, UV-resistant console screen with improved readability makes it easy to track your progress.
- Customizable Workouts: Choose from Quick Start, Intervals, Targets, and Competition Mode to customize your workout to your goals.
- Wireless Connectivity: Connect to Bluetooth and ANT+ to track your progress and challenge your friends.
AssaultFitness Elite Technical Specifications:
- Dimensions: 69.9" x 32.8" x 64" (177.5 x 83.3 x 162.6cm)
- Running Surface: 17" x 62" (43 x 157.5 cm)
- Weight: 289.2lb (131.2kg)
- Weight Capacity: 400lb
- Tread Surface: Black Thermoplastic Polyurethane
- Frame Material: Steel
- Color: Black
- Belt Warranty: Lifetime
- Display: High Contrast, UV Resistant LCD
- Customer Rating: 4.4/5 based on 88 customer reviews.
- Price: $3499
AssaultFitness Elite Customer Reviews:
Here are some reviews written by customers who purchased the AssaultFitness Elite treadmill for sprinting.
- "I've been using the assault runner for a couple of months now and have really enjoyed it! I had a standard motorized treadmill previously, but I enjoy using the assault runner so much more. Compared to my old motorized treadmill, the assault runner is quieter and more fun to use, and I've noticed it is easier on my joints due to the curved platform."
- "Pricey but worth it! Steady-state cardio is probably my least favorite kind of exercise, but having this treadmill has motivated me to incorporate more of it into my training."
- "I love this tread. It was super easy to assemble with two people and is very sturdy. I've used it almost daily now for a couple of months, and it has worked perfectly. I love the monitor for maintaining pace and keeping distance even if I do a workout with intermittent running or intervals. My kids also use it, and I love that they don't need any buttons or electronics; they just hop on and go. It is intuitive and allows for natural or better running posture. Love this tread. So happy I went with this treadmill as opposed to any motorized."
In summary, the AssaultRunner Elite is the perfect choice for anyone looking to take their workouts to the next level. With a range of features and specifications that enhance your performance and comfort, it's the ultimate non-motorized treadmill for sprints and runs.
Where To Buy The AssaultFitness Pro Treadmill For Sprinting
You can purchase the AssaultFitness Elite treadmill from PowerSystems.
# 4 - TrueForm Trainer Curved Treadmill
The TrueForm Trainer is the perfect solution for anyone who wants to improve their fitness performance. Designed for walking, running, and sprinting, this treadmill is ideal for those seeking an exceptional workout experience.
Key Features of the TrueForm Trainer
- Versatile workouts: The TrueForm Trainer is suitable for both walking and running, with a maximum user weight of 400 lbs (181 kgs).
- Increased calorie burn: Compared to a motorized treadmill, the TrueForm Trainer helps you burn 33% more calories during your workout.
- No electricity required: As a self-powered treadmill, the TrueForm Trainer is eco-friendly and can be used anywhere without worrying about outlets or electricity.
- Durable construction: The treadmill's frame and handrails are made from strong, 7-gauge steel tubing, ensuring stability and durability during your workouts.
- User-friendly design: The Trainer is equipped with handles for ease of movement, making it simple to maneuver and position in your workout space.
- Dimensions: 64" x 31" x 63" (163 x 79 x 160 cm)
- Running Surface: 17" wide x 54” long (43 cm wide x 137 cm long)
- Weight: 300lb (136kg)
- Weight Capacity: 400lb (181kg)
- Tread Surface: Molded Thermoplastic Elastomer
- Frame Material: Steel
- Color: Black
- Belt Warranty: 2 Years
- Display: High contrast LCD
- Customer Rating: 4/5 based on two customer reviews.
- Price: $3295
TrueForm Trainer Treadmill Reviews
Here are some reviews of the TrueForm trainer written by customers:
- "Great treadmill. Great to run on. Didn't quite align when putting the handrails on, and not a huge issue. The treadmill does make some noise while running on, that is a little annoying, but I am less than 500 miles on it and hope that it will improve."
- "I am very happy with my decision to purchase the Trueform Trainer. I love the feel of the rubber treads and the curved running shape. I love that I am pulling the belt and can change speed or stop instantly with no buttons. I wish the belt was wider, but my feet only go outside once or twice per workout."
In summary, the TrueForm Trainer is an excellent choice for fitness enthusiasts who want to elevate their training experience. With its versatile workout options, increased calorie burn, and durable construction, this treadmill is perfect for those looking to take their fitness journey to the next level. Choose the TrueForm Trainer, and enjoy a superior workout experience tailored to your unique needs!
Where To Buy The TrueForm Trainer Treadmill For Sprinting
You can purchase the TrueForm Trainer treadmill from PerformBetter.
We are an Amazon & TrueForm affiliate, and purchasing through our links helps support our work and cover our operating costs. This adds no cost to you but helps us continue to research and produce content.
We are an Amazon affiliate, and purchasing through our links helps support our work and cover our operating costs. This adds no cost to you, but helps us continue to research and produce content.